Is it safe to take Synthroid (thyroxine) while pregnant?

Yes. Not only is it safe, but if you were taking Synthroid (thyroxine) before your pregnancy, it is crucial to continue your Synthroid (thyroxine) during your pregnancy. Hypothyroidism (low thyroid disease) during pregnancy is a common medical condition. Your ob/gyn will check your thyroid hormone level throughout your pregnancy to maintain an adequate level.
Yes. Levothyroxine of any brand is necessary for the treatment of hypothyroidism especially during pregnancy. Your TSH should be checked during each trimester as the average woman needs 1 1/2 times more thyroxine during the last trimester.