I have a friend that if she gets into a boat or tries walking on a dock she gets extremely sick and starts to throw up, it seems the movement in the water triggers it, she fine any other time, and I just bought a new boat and want to take her for a ride,

It . It sounds as if she has motion sickness/sea sickness. There are medications that can help - over the counter - such as an antihistamine like dramamine (dimenhydrinate) and prescription - such as scopolamine or promethazine. Just a warning though - antihistamines can make you sleepy. Some people will also try remedies such as accupressure bands and ginger, but research hasn't really shown these methods to be very effective though they are harmless if she wants to try them. She should talk to her doctor about which options would be best for her.