What is isolated supraventricular complexes? My holter monitor results said that I have pvc's and isolated supraventricular complexes..What is isolated supraventricular complexes? My regular dr prescribed me a beta blocker..But he really didn't tell me mu

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Extrasystoles

There are basically two types of extra beats.
Ventricular extra beats and supraventricular extra beats are the two types. They are abbreviated pvcs and apcs for premature ventricular contractions and atrial premature contractions. They are the commonest arrhythmias and are usually benign though they often cause symptoms of annoyance.

In brief: Extrasystoles

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. John Holder
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: The

The heart is a pump and has two heart parts: the right heart pumps venous blood to the lungs where it is oxygenated (and gives off waste products in form of carbon dioxide), and the left heart receives the oxygenated blood and pumps it forward to the body.
Each of these separate pumps has a receiving chamber and a pumping chamber. The receiving chamber is named the atrium and lies above the pumping chamber, the ventricle. Isolated supra (above) ventricular beats are singular (not occurring in multiples or runs) heart beats that originate in the atrial chambers.

In brief: The

Dr. John Holder
Dr. John Holder
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology