I fell and hurt my ankle, I have a very swollen foot and pain, i can't afford medical treatment, what should I do? I was walking and tripped and fell.

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Unfortunately,

Unfortunately, with lots of pain and swelling after a fall, it's important to rule out a fracture.
This can only be done with an exam and/or x-ray of the injured foot. Your doctor or an urgent care facility will likely be cheaper than going to the emergency room. I would give them a call to ask how much a visit and/or x-ray would cost. If your foot or ankle is broken, then taking care of it sooner rather than have it heal improperly later is the most economical way to go.

In brief: Unfortunately,

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Doug Mason
Podiatry

In brief: RICE...

Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
If you can take Ibuprofen, do that. Give it a few weeks. If no better, you need to seek medical attention

In brief: RICE...

Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
Dr. Doug Mason
Dr. Doug Mason
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology