I have a UTI and have been taking sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds for the last 3 days can I be sexually active or have a few beers I never had painfull urination I just felt like I had to constantly go and it was a bit tingly when I was done urinating. I felt nor

Sexual ok, beer not. Sexual activity is not unsafe when being treated for a uti, but I would keep in mind that many women acquire uti's because of very vigorous sexual activity, so I would avoid anything especially athletic or likely to involve the area of the urethra (right below the clitoris). Alcohol is not a good idea with an infection, or while on antibiotics. Avoid it until you are finished with the medication.
As. As long as you are feeling ok, having sex shouldn't be a problem. A good way to try and avoid uti's in the future is to urinate immediately after sex. This will help to "wash out" the bacteria that may have been pushed into your urethra during sex before it has time to start an infection. Drinking alcohol while on trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (what you are taking), metronidazole, or tinidazole is not a good idea. The antibiotics inhibit one of the enzymes that helps to break down alcohol causing the bad effects of the alcohol to be more severe. Drinking any alcohol while on these medications can cause flushing, headache, nausea, vomiting and rapid heart rate.