If I admit to smoking during my pregnancy, can I get in trouble later?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Fascinating question

Wow. It's all about you, isn't it? In medicine there are no admissions (other than into hospital) just truth.
Tell your doctor truthful facts. Please realize how dangerous a mother smoking is for a fetus. The amer acad peds and ob/gyn urge women in child bearing age to refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol lest they become pregnant and harm their baby. Please think about tour question.

In brief: Fascinating question

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
5 comments
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
You shouldn't smoke when pregnant. It's the baby that gets into trouble!
Dr. Paul Cohen
Unfortunately, truer words were never spoken! Besides the risk to your health it is ALL about baby!
Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Potentially

Smoking in general has been proven to be hazardous to one's health for various reasons including risk for strokes, heart attacks, cancer, just to name a few.
Smoking while pregnant not only is hazardous to the health of the mother and the course of the pregnancy but also exposes the fetus(unborn baby) to risks as well! please do not smoke if your pregnant and limit exposure to those who do!

In brief: Potentially

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: With whom

There are people with all sorts of habits that get pregnant.
It is very important that you be honest with your OB so they can make decisions about your care knowing all those little issues. Infants of smokers tend to be 1/2 pound lighter than expected & face higher crib death rates and respiratory infections. In my state you only get in trouble if you smoke crack or weed (they test).

In brief: With whom

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham