Is there a way to get rid of the fat around my penis? I am 5'6 and around 400 pounds I have a big pouch of fat around my penis and it is making my penis stay inflammed . I was 478 pounds so I am losing and i know thats the ultimate answer. But was wonderi

Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Congratulations

Congratulations on your weight loss.
You are correct in stating that weight loss is the best answer, as it will provide you with may benefits. The problem you are describing with skin and fat hanging over your penis making cleaning difficult is a common problem with weight gain. Removal of the fat and the skin can be performed. This is most commonly done as part of a panniculectomy or a tummy tuck, but can be done independently to improve personal hygiene. I leaves a horizontal scar that sits below the waist line. To see if you are a good candidate for this, or another procedure, consider making a consultation appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

In brief: Congratulations

Congratulations on your weight loss.
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Evan Sorokin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Most

Most plastic surgeons would tell you that continued weight loss is important prior to surgery however given your symptoms some surgeons may consider operating sooner. I would go on the american board of plastic surgery's website and look for a surgeon in your area that you could go meet with to get options.
Good luck!

In brief: Most

Good luck!
Dr. Evan Sorokin
Dr. Evan Sorokin
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I would agree that you are to be commended for your weight loss.
It is likely that continued weight loss will only exacerbate the problem you are experiencing, though that should not at all prevent you from trying to lose more weight. In the meantime, it is possible that a plastic surgeon would agree with me after examining you. If this is the case, removal of the excess skin possibly combined with liposuction may be appropriate.

In brief: I

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Arnon Rubin