4 doctors weighed in:
If a toy my child was playing with turned out to have lead in it, how long do I need to wait before I can get him tested?
4 doctors weighed in

Dr. Cindy Williams
Pediatrics
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Lead
Anytime. The test detects the amount of lead in the blood.

In brief: Lead
Anytime. The test detects the amount of lead in the blood.
Dr. Cindy Williams
Dr. Cindy Williams
Thank
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Depends on form
If your kid gnawed on the object and likely swallowed leaded paint or had other lead exposure you can test immediately and compare another sample later on to see if the level is going up.
Xrays can spot leaded paint chips in the intestinal tract and long term exposure can result in changes in blood cells and bones.

In brief: Depends on form
If your kid gnawed on the object and likely swallowed leaded paint or had other lead exposure you can test immediately and compare another sample later on to see if the level is going up.
Xrays can spot leaded paint chips in the intestinal tract and long term exposure can result in changes in blood cells and bones.
Dr. James Ferguson
Dr. James Ferguson
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Cindy Juster
Board Certified, Pediatrics
32 years in practice
2M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors