Should I take another pregnancy test? I always have a 5 day cycle that is heavy and painful. Took a pregnacy test 12/16/11 and it was negative. Came on the cycle 12/18/11 it was heavy, 12/19/11 nothing, 12/20/11 spottie, 12/21/11 nothing. I have been str

You . You may have taken your home pregnancy test a little too early for it to be as accurate as it can be. You can either take another home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period, so another negative test would help confirm that you are not pregnant. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. That being said, there are many reasons for a woman to miss her period: stress (like you mentioned), diet, weight loss, excessive exercise, or even a hormone imbalance such as a thyroid disorder or polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you are pregnant, or if you continue to have irregular periods, you should give your doctor a call. If your cycle is regular, but painful, you should also call your doctor to discuss options to reduce the discomfort associated with your period.