If a child suffers from fibromyalgia, can you give any vitamins to help make their pain better?

Dr. Einar Ottestad
Pain Management

In brief: Possibly

A child with finromyalgia would be very rare.
I would suggest a comprehensive medical and psychological evaluation in a pediatric pain program to make sure nothing is missed. Some of my adult patients feel a bit better with vitamin d3, Alpha lipoic acid, acetylcarnitine, and fish oil. I can't comment on using these in children.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Possibly

Several studies have shown low vitamin d levels in people who suffer from fibromyalgia.
I've seen studies, though, that didn't show this. I don't know of any studies that have shown fibromyalgia improve with vitamin d supplementation. Research is ongoing, and vitamin d does many things in the body, so it's a good idea anyway to consider vitamin d supplementation and discuss it with your doctor.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham