Haven't had a period since may (2011) and I have taken multiple pregnancy tests and all were negative. What could be the issue? I had my son in january (2011) and it took us 3 years to conceive him. I was diagnosed with pcos and endometriosis prior to. I

Dr. Kenan Omurtag

In brief: The history of PCOS

Raises a red flag? Did you need to use fertility medications to conceive (eg Clomiphene or injectables, letrozole)? You should see a reprooductive endocrinologist about this becuase its been >6mos.
Also having gone this long without a period would warrant investigation of your uterine lining and the use of Progesterone for a withdrawal bleed. Also curious if you were on birth control aftr delivey.

In brief: The history of PCOS

Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Ew Moffitt

In brief: If

If you have been on a birth control for a long time, you can stop having periods.
This is due to the fomulation of the pill and is not permanent. As long as your doctor has documented a negative pregnancy test, it is not necessary for you to have a period each month on that pill. This can be a bother because you are always wondering if you are pregnant or not. If you always take your pill as prescribed, the chance that you will become pregnant is very low. It is still a good idea to take a pregnancy test every other month to make sure that you are not pregnant. They are accurate. If you want to have a period each month then you might want to have your doctor change you to a pill that has a higher estrogen component. This will increase the chance that you have a period.

In brief: If

Dr. Ew Moffitt
Dr. Ew Moffitt
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham