I've had a red, itchy, burning rash on the front of my throat. 6 months or more. It looks like i've been strangled. Thankyou I have used cordizone cream and codliver oil. Nothing really helps. I have seen a dermotologist this summer. She had no idea what

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Get second opinion

If the first dermatologist wasn't able to help you then get another opinion.
When in doubt certain tests can be performed including a biopsy. Perhaps you are allergic to something like a fragrance or jewelry. Allergy testing can be done. Perhaps it is fungal considering it did not get better with a cortizone (hydrocortisone) cream. Second opinion is often helpful. Good luck.

In brief: Get second opinion

Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Without

Without being able to examine you and see the rash and possibly send a biopsy, it's impossible to know exactly what is going on.
If you saw a dermatologist and they were unable to help you, you may want to get a second opinion from another dermatologist in your area. In the mean time, keeping track of when the rash improves or gets worse, what medications you have tried and the results, if the rash has changed over time and any other signs/symptoms of illness you may have can all help to narrow down the possible causes of your rash. Good luck!

In brief: Without

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jane Van Dis