Oddly shaped mole on my back? I found this oddly shaped mole on my back and i'm concerned about it. I also have two little light brownish moles sticking out on both of my legs

Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: ABCD's

Remember your abcd's when thinking of melanoma.
Look for moles with asymmetry boarders that are irregular color differences within the same mole diameter greater than 6mm also any new mole or old that starts to itch, bleed or ulcerate should be of concern. Another rule is the ugly duckling rule. Which refers to a mole that looks distantly different from the others on your body.

In brief: ABCD's

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: I

I would recommend you have that mole examined since it is oddly shaped.
Moles can be evaluated by following the abcde's which stands for the fact that any mole that is asymmetric, has irregular borders, dark or multi-colored, diameter larger than a pencil eraser, or is evolving (i.e. Changing) should be examined by a doctor. Below is a link to an example of the abcde's of moles...

In brief: I

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward