What is the best treatment for a sore throat? No fever. It has been happening for weeks.

Dr. William Culviner
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Sore throat

Consider the causes.
Is it infectious from chronic tonsillitis(usually no fever)? Is it allergic or chronic rhinitis with irritating post nasal drip? Or, is it due to larynopharyngeal reflux which doesn’t necessarily present with heartburn ? Lastly, consider dietary contributions. These are a few of the common possibilities. You should see your doctor and investigate this in detail.

In brief: Sore throat

Consider the causes.
Dr. William Culviner
Dr. William Culviner
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: You

You may be dealing with a bacterial infection (i.
e. Strep throat). This requires antibiotic therapy, however you will need to see a doctor for testing in order to determine if this is the cause. In the meantime try over the counter Ibuprofen or motrin. Also try gargling with warm salt water. I hope you are better soon.

In brief: You

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine