I believe i'm about 10 or so weeks pregnant...Is it normal to bleed after a long period of sex? I haven't been to an obg yet...And it was bright red the first day and has just been light spotting on and off...Been about 24 hours

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Bleeding

Bleeding in early pregnancy can be a sign of miscarriage.
You need to see your doctor for an examination and serial blood tests to determine if the pregnancy is progressing or a miscarriage is occurring. Also, infection needs to be ruled out. Lastly, to answer your question, no it is not normal to bleed after a long period of sex. Best of luck.

In brief: Bleeding

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy