Should i be concerned about a lump in the bottom of my foot I have a bump on the bottom of my foot that occassionally hurts when i touch it or walk on it

In brief: Likely Benign

The most common cause of a lump in the arch is a plantar fibroma, a benign tumor of the plantar fascia ligament.
It can be treated with steroid injections and ultrasound therapy . If symptoms return, it can be removed but the recovery can be prolonged. Any lump should be evaluated by a medical professional. While most are benign, malignant tumors do occur in the feet as well.

In brief: Likely Benign

Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger

In brief: Lump

This lump could be something called a plantar fibroma.
These are attached to the plantar fascia and only removed - that is their only treatment - if they are painful. There certainly other causes for a lump. See your podiatrist. Warts do not cross the fascia which is under the skin and , thus, cannot go deeper than the skin.

In brief: Lump

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: There

There are many possibilities including a wart, corn, callus, or fibroma.
Other options would depend on you medical history, age, etc...You would need to have an evaluation to be properly diagnosed and to discuss treatment options. I would recommend that you get looked at so that you can treat this before it becomes more problematic for you. Plantar warts, for example, can become more difficult to treat if they become deeper.

In brief: There

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward