Is it safe to to take generic Clomid (clomiphene) bought offline to try and conceive twins? I have no medical problems and have two children? I am 31 and my husband is 36

Clomid (clomiphene) . Clomid (clomiphene) is a prescription medication and should be taken under the direction of a physician familiar with the use of this medication. Since Clomid (clomiphene) has been around for a long time, there are generic forms of this medication that work just fine. It is a stable medication so it can be sent through the mail system and not lose its potency. When Clomid (clomiphene) is taken, there is an increase risk of having a twin pregnancy. This is estimated at 15 to 25%. As an infertility specialist, I do not intentionally try to establish a twin pregnancy in my patients. Though the majority of twin pregnancies have a good outcome, about 5% of the time they have a very bad outcome. They are born prematurely. If they are born too premature they can die. If they live, they can have complications of prematurity such as cerebral palsy, mental retardation, blindness, or severe lung problems to name a few. Rarely, Clomid (clomiphene) can result in triplets or more. I have seen this happen in a patient who took Clomid (clomiphene) on her own. It is always a good idea to take prescription medications only under the direction of a physician.