Concerns about mirena and paraguard not sure which one to pick i already attended a birth control class, and the dr. Explain the pros and cons of each option but the more research I do by my own the most difficult it comes to make a decision if to chose m

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The doctor that will be inserting the iud can help guide you on picking which one is more suitable for you.
I usually go over a few things with my patients when picking an iud. The first is the desire to have children and when. If the patient is sure she does not want any more children and has decided on an iud, i recommend the paragard (good for ten years). If she wants another child in a few years i recommend mirena (levonorgestrel). If the patient suffers from heavy periods i recommend Mirena (levonorgestrel) (although it may cause spotting initially). Also cost is an issue, if the patient is paying out of pocket, the least expensive option is the paragard. I recommend discussing your options again with your provider, and weighing all the factors. Good luck.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis