Accidentally inhaled steam. Throat is extremely dry. What else could happen to me? Should i go to the emergency room? It was open, from a cup of tea, and i got some in my eyes, too, but i think they are fine... Really scared about the inhalation, since i

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Steam

The chance of this causing any significant problem is extremely rare.
If you experience any breathing difficulty, go to the er. In the meantime, try a throat lozenge or spray to alleviate your symptoms.

In brief: Steam

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Unless

Unless your symptoms have not resolved by now, then you do not need an emergency medical evaluation.
Extremely hot steam can cause severe injuries to the lips, mouth, and airway. It can even burn the lungs which can cause difficulty in breathing, coughing and cause hoarseness. Honestly steam from a cup of tea will likely not cause any serious injury. I hope you are better.

In brief: Unless

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology