How can I protect my child if she sleep walks every so often?

Dr. Yo-El Ju
Neurology
In brief: Alarm
If sleepwalking is rare but there are safety concerns (ex: the person may go out in cold weather or fall down stairs), a bed alarm that goes off when a person gets out of bed can be used.
Someone else needs to be able to hear and respond to the alarm.

In brief: Alarm
Dr. Yo-El Ju
Dr. Yo-El Ju
In brief: Safeproof/Naps
Try to eliminate safety isssues in the house if your child does get up & make sure there is no weigh to get out of the house (high latches).
A different tack is to push for a power nap before a scheduled event like dinner. Sleep walking & night terrors are associated with sleep deficits as a sleep entry disorder. Staying with a consistant sleep program may eliminate the problem.

In brief: Safeproof/Naps
Dr. Shontae Buffington