What does it mean if i constantly have a trace of protein and ketones in my urinalysis for over two months? I've had about five urinalyses done in that time frame. My primary doctor hasn't said anything about them.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The ketones in your urine are likely secondary to dehydration.
Make sure you are drinking enough water (about 3 liters per day).If the protein is trace then there is nothing to worry about. I am sure your doctor has done kidney function blood tests on you recently. As long as that is fine there is nothing to worry about. I am curious why you have had 5 urinalysis done? If you want further advice please submit more information. Take care.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Marsha Davis