I have been having a problem with thick yellow discharge that is like cottage cheese. What should I do? I am 18 and had one child, i also have hpv.

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Without

Without examining you and looking at your discharge under a microscope, it is hard to say exactly what it is.
Thick, yellow cottage-cheese like discharge that smells "yeasty" like bread or beer is classically thought to be a yeast infection. You can try over-the-counter medications for a yeast infection or call your doctor for a single dose anti-fungal oral tablet. Other things that can cause a change in vaginal discharge are bacterial vaginosis or a sexually transmitted disease such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, or trichomonas. If you think you might have an std, if you have abdominal pain, pain with urination, or fever or if you are unsure of what is going on, give your doctor a call. They will know best what to do after they examine you. Good luck!

In brief: Without

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham