Is the brown discharge i've experienced a concern? I've had random spikes of pain in my pelvis on the right or left side. I've had clear and white discharge but tonight i had brown. No odor

Dr. David Holtz
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: Pelvic

Pelvic pain is common especially mid-cycle (about 2 weeks after your period).
The discharge may be normal but this depends on your age and time in your menstrual cycle. This could be an indication of midcycle bleeding which is not normal if you are nearing menopause (about age 50). If you are cycling normally, i'd inform your gynecologist, but they will most likely just want to keep watching to see if it happens again.

In brief: Pelvic

Dr. David Holtz
Dr. David Holtz
Dr. Rashed Hasan