Does playing violent videogames cause kids to have more problems with social interaction?

Children have difficulty distinguishing the virtual world from reality.
Social skills suffer because children become preoccupied with the games; they fail to learn how to interact with adults and peers. Violent video games have been associated with aggressive behavior in children and teens. I encourage parents to censor videos and limit screen time (tv, computer, games) to 2 hr or less daily.

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Daniel Sternberg
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Videogame violence
It may cause children to isolate from others, as videogames are self-absorbing (unless games are done with others).
That in itself can affect social interaction. Children are influenced by models, and violent models can lead to negative effects in social interactions. It also depends upon the age of the child, and what kind of interactions they have with their parents.

In brief: Videogame violence
Dr. Daniel Sternberg
Dr. Daniel Sternberg
Dr. Howard Gurr
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Video games and kids
I have found video games do not cause social difficulties for kids.
In my practice the kids who have social difficulties tend to find safety playing video games.However, there are other kids who use their video game experience and knowledge to enhance their social interaction with like minded peers. Video games are not bad by themselves - unless they are not age appropriate or too graphic.

In brief: Video games and kids
Dr. Howard Gurr
Dr. Howard Gurr
Dr. Cindy Juster