My IUD is stuck in my uterus and im wondering if I should wait until th 17th of january for them to try to remove it again since they tried on thursday I have been having pelvic pain and been bleeding pretty heavy. What are the risks if i wait that long?

Dr. John Hansill
Gynecology

In brief: There

There isn't any risk of waiting to have it removed.
The only question is "can you handle the pain/cramping for the next 3 weeks?" if the bleeding doesn't slow down and you start feeling dizzy or lightheaded you may need to have your blood checked to see if you're anemic. Some doctors will attempt removal in the office after injecting the cervical area to lessen the pain. Others will take you to the operating room for removal. The copper style iud is known to be problematic during removal.

In brief: There

Dr. John Hansill
Dr. John Hansill
Dr. Wendy Askew

In brief: Ok to wait.

I realize it's past the 17th.
As long as u don't have a fever >100.4 or severe pain it's ok to wait. An infection would require immed. Attention. The big risk is that it could perforate thru the uterus and get into the abdominal cavity and then u would need a laparoscopy to 'fish it out'. Sometimes a hysteroscopy surgery is needed to remove it from the uterus if it gets really stuck.

In brief: Ok to wait.

I realize it's past the 17th.
Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham