My shot still hurts! i take the birth control shot on my butt, and it usually only huurts a few hours. Its been three days and it rlly hurts. It also bled alot, and its purplish. Why is this?

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: It

It sounds like you developed a hematoma (bruise ) where the injection was given.
Usually it will resolve within a week. Analgesics like tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil will help. Also cool compresses to the area will ease your symptoms. If the area hurts more, gets very red, or tender to the touch , then you may be dealing with an infection and you should see your doctor right away.

In brief: It

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham