Who is the best person to see for dark circles under eyes a dermatologist or an eye doctor? Who could treat the problem the best?

Treating. Treating dark circles under the eyes is quite a challenge. There are several options that can help some patients but no magic formula. Typically, the tendency to develop dark circles is somewhat hereditary but can be due to vascular congestion, chronic allergy, chronic irritation, and other factors. Most dermatologists are asked about this problem quite frequently and are trained to discuss your treatment options. I hope this helps!
There. There are several different types of specialists who can assess your problem of dark circles under the eyes. Dermatologists, facial plastic surgeons and oculoplastic surgeons would all be able to assess your concerns. Dark circles under the eyes have several possible causes. It can be due to chronic vascular congestion; shadowing in the area that results from facial volume loss (this can be treated with an in- office filler injection or facial fat grafting); or genetics. Some people simply have more pigmentation in their lower eyelid skin. This is very difficult to change.