Do i need an antibiotic? I have had a red, swollen and painful finger for 5 days. I poked it with a needle and squeezed it and pus came out. I have been putting polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) on it.

Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: It's

It's a little hard to know exactly the best answer without seeing it.
If you have no systemic symptoms (like fever, pain in the wrist or elbow or armpit) it's most likely this thing will heal on its own. I'd recommend hot soaks as well as the polysporin, (bacitracin and polymyxin) but would have a low threshhold for seeing a doctor to just take a peek at this for you.

In brief: It's

Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Steven Seres