Stepped on a nail and foot is swollen i put peroxide on it and soaked it in salt water and its been 2 days and my foot is still swollen. This is on the ball of my foot. Do i need to seer a doctor?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated

Deep puncture wounds can be potentially dangerous as one may develop tetanus, or a number of other types of deep infections.
If the wound was deep enough they may lead to bone infections. You may need periodic debridement of you wound to remove any unhealthy tissue.

In brief: Have it evaluated

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat

In brief: Yes, see the doc

With it being 2 days since your injury, the fact that there is swelling may indicate that there is still something inside - whether it is part of the nail and/or an infection beginning - it needs to be checked.
Make sure you are up to date on your tetanus too. Don't wait to see a foot specialist. What may seem like a benign infection can turn very quickly into something nasty if left unchecked.

In brief: Yes, see the doc

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: I

I strongly suggest you get seen.
Nails are a problem because of the things that can grow on them and then get inserted deep into your foot. In worst case scenarios, it can even cause an infection in your bone! best not to wait on this one. Sorry it's not easier than that.

In brief: I

I strongly suggest you get seen.
Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Steven Seres