I was told i snore loud when i sleep but my husband recently told me that when i sleep i stop breathing and it scares him.. What are some health issues that is caused by this? I have shortness of breath, i'm 5'4, 330lbs, and this is another issue, emotion

Dr. Sal Aragona
Dentistry

In brief: Get it checked out!

Seek medical help to determine to cause of your snoring.
Typically a collapse airway is involved and today, a simple overnight take home sleep test can provide all the information needed to determine if a potentially life threatening, life shortening condition of obstructive sleep apnea may be at play. Do it, it may save your life!

In brief: Get it checked out!

Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry

In brief: Sleep Apnea

Your husband's concern is well founded.
You are likely suffering from sleep apnea which can lead to a host of health problems including high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, gerd, even heart attack and sudden death syndrome. Please see your primary care physician to arrange for a sleep study to determine if you have sleep apnea, and to discuss solutions. Losing weight will be important too.

In brief: Sleep Apnea

Your husband's concern is well founded.
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sleep apnea

You may have sleep apnea.
See your family md and have that doctor send you for a sleep study. You need to get treated as sleep apnea is associated with many health issues like heart diseases, strokes and diabetes. Also, start a weight loss program, start exercising and changing your diet to a healthier one.

In brief: Sleep apnea

You may have sleep apnea.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong

In brief: Weight

The real problem is your weight, but you already know this.
It is causing your airway to close when you sleep. The lack of sleep causes more weight gain. It is a circle. You need a sleep study to confirm the sleep apnea diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Then get serious about the weight issue. You can change your life...And extend it too. I know from personal experience. Good luck.

In brief: Weight

Dr. Janelle Ferber-Stumpf
Dr. Janelle Ferber-Stumpf
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: Your

Your symptoms are consistent with sleep apnea, probably related to being so overweight (>200 pounds).
This condition puts more stress on your heart, raises your blood pressure, and can even result in a heart attack or stroke. Please see your physician for further evaluation. Your evaluation will probably include a sleep study. Be careful. This is a very dangerous condition.

In brief: Your

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology