Does stress cause hair to grey? I am 35, and already have a lot of greying hair. Is this normal? Is it due to stress?

Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Can be stress

Or genetics i was greying at 18 my 17 year old son has dozens already.

In brief: Can be stress

Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: I

I think you might ask a dermatologist (skin doctor) for their opinion on this, but i've always found it interesting how much our presidents' hair grays from the start to end of their terms.
I think the fact is that stress can cause this, but the strongest determinant is likely genetic.

In brief: I

Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: Graying of hair is

related to genetic predisposition.
Age of initial graying is largely a matter of genetics. However stressors: nutritional deficiencies, chemotherapy, traumatic head injuries, low vitamin B levels, zinc deficiency, severe illness, surgery & marked emotional stress may impact earlier depigmentation in people who are already predisposed to gray hair. Aging is a significant factor. In general –

In brief: Graying of hair is

related to genetic predisposition.