How long does the Depo-Provera shot last in my system after i stopped taking it? I had to go in on november second to get the depo, but i wasnt able to go for my appointment. Since i had the Depo-Provera i been having irregular periods and my last period

Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: Since

Since its given usually every 3 months, it's assumed to be effective for at least that long.
It'd be hard to guess but you could safely assume that by the time you start having your next period after stopping drop that you're again fertile. As a general rule, we usually tell people trying to get pregnant to wait 4-6 months before trying.

In brief: Since

Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Jane Van Dis