My mother inlaw just had a CT scan, small lacunar infarct left basal ganglia, (this was in the email to her) what does she have? Early 60's. Pacemaker, she hasn't had a follow up yet. I am quite sure she hasn't had any weakness on one side. She has be

Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: I

I don't know if you can relate he symptoms to the ct findings.
She's had a small stroke and until it's determines why that happened, she's at significant risk for another, possibly devistating one. Once all of her risks have been addresses and dealt with by her doctor, the chances for a normal life will be much better. It is possible this was an incidental finding, in which case she's a very lucky lady.

In brief: I

Dr. Michael Khoury
Radiology

In brief: What

What is described are small strokes deep in the brain.
â—¦usually > 55 years â—¦prevalence increases with age â—¦lacunar infarcts account for 15-20% of all strokes â—¦strong association with systemic hypertension dr. Khoury usradreview.Com.

In brief: What