My dad just got out of the hospital for divitueticulitas and now his lower left back hurts real bad and he cannot go tothe bathroom. What should I do?

In brief: Re-evaluate

He needs an immediate re-evaluation for possible complications of diverticulitis including abscess formation and colon obstruction.
Will likely require ct scan and readmission to the hospital for antibiotics. Don't delay.

In brief: Re-evaluate

Dr. Michael Sawyer
Dr. Michael Sawyer

In brief: Go back

Pain, bleeding, infection-abscess and obstruction can be serious problems with diverticulitis.
Needs to be rechecked and perhaps scanned or scoped.

In brief: Go back

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: The

The problem may not be orthopedic in nature.
High fiber diet is needed on a longterm basis. He may have an obstruction and may need help to get his caca going.

In brief: The

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery