I slept with someone unprotected last week and they called today to tell me they are HIV positive... What should I do? Are there meds that I can take to treat to fight it off beings it is so soon after?

Find a good HIV doc! If caught within 72 hours of exposure...There is an excellent chance of preventing established chronic infection all together. You can begin by contacting the aids foundation of western massachusetts. Phone: (413) 301-0955 email: info@aidsfoundationwm. Org.
This. This must be a very scary situation for you. I would get an appointment as fast as you can with either your doctor or local county health department for a complete std screening, including hiv. There are treatments available for what are called postexposure prophylaxis which may be useful that a doctor needs to discuss with you. Take care of this sooner than later, please.