Do public schools offer yearly flu shots?

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Possibly

Check with your school district.
Some schools may. But your pediatrician should definitely have the shot available. It is recommended that all children ages 6months and older get the shot- this really helps decrease the rate of flu and protects the most vulnerable in our society(young babies and the elderly) from contracting it.

In brief: Possibly

Check with your school district.
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Some do

In my state the local school districts are awarded subsidy funds based on daily censis.
They have responded to data showing that the school is less likely to have high absenteeism if they vaccinate everybody & begun offering it at school. Those schools following the practice have avoided closure at the peak of flu season. Each school will have its own policy.

In brief: Some do