17 days late okay, so I am couple months shy from 20 and need help with an issue. I was prescribed birth control (trinessa) two years ago due to extreme periods. I would throw up and have extreme cramps that would prevent me from doing anything. It was li

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: As

As doctors, the first thing we do when we hear a woman is having a light or missed period or abnormal spotting, we check a pregnancy test - so i'm glad you took one already.
You can always take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period. There are other reasons besides pregnancy that can cause a woman to miss a period such as: stress, diet, excessive exercise or a hormone imbalance such as with a thyroid disorder or poly cystic ovarian syndrome. The foul odor and change in appearance of your urine could also be an indication of an infection such as bacterial vaginosis, a yeast infection or even a sexually transmitted disease like trichamonas. You should give you doctor a call and have an exam just to be sure. Good luck!

In brief: As

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Vicken Poochikian