Could I be pregnant? I had my mirena removed at the beginning of november and now we are trying to conceive. I am 2 days late and getting negative home pregnancy tests. Could I be pregnant and how long does it take for the hormones from the mirena to get

If . If your Mirena (levonorgestrel) was removed mid-cycle, then there is a definite possibility that you could have gotten pregnant as soon as the next week. Home pregnancy tests are 97% accurate about a week or two after the missed period. You may have taken your pregnancy tests a little too early. There is also the possibility that the removal of the Mirena (levonorgestrel) may have thrown off your cycle. Other reasons for a missed period include stress, poor diet, weight loss, excessive exercise or a hormone imbalance such as thyroid disorder or polycystic ovarian syndrome. Take a pregnancy test again. If you are pregnant, congratulations! if you are not and continue to have irregular periods, contact your doctor.
Women . Women have different experiences following removal of a Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud. Some have a normal period within the first month following removal, while others spot for a few weeks, and still others don't return to a normal menstrual pattern for several months. Some ex-mirena (levonorgestrel) users get pregnant before they ever have a period (that is, they ovulate and conceive before their first period occurs). Once an iud is removed, its hormones leave your system very quickly; you could conceive within a day or two. Eighty to 90 percent of women who have their Mirena (levonorgestrel) removed (and who don't use another method of birth control) get pregnant within one year, which is the same pregnancy rate for women who never had a mirena (levonorgestrel). Home pregnancy tests become positive 7 to 10 days after conception. You may have taken the test a bit early, so if your period doesn't start you should repeat the test one week after the first test was done. If the second test is negative, you might need another cycle or two to return to your normal menstrual pattern. Be patient. And good luck!