Is it possible I am pregnant and the dr overlooked it? Or the test results were offset? My period is a week late. I had unprotected sex twice last month while is was ovulating. A day after i started feeling sick: nausea, backache, headache, stmach ache, d

Dr. Jonathan Lau
Anesthesiology

In brief: Pregnancy overlooked

Usually a pregnancy blood test is very accurate, but there can be mix up and errors.
Usually nausea and stomach ache starts in 2-3 rd months. But if you are that far along the pregnancy test are really accurate. I would get a recheck on the blood test and see your doctor if the sickness feeling still pursists.

In brief: Pregnancy overlooked

Dr. Jonathan Lau
Dr. Jonathan Lau
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: A

A quantitative blood pregnancy test is definitive.
If the test was negative, then you are not pregnant. This was also confirmed by the second test you had done in the er. Although your symptoms can be consistent with pregnancy, they are also seen in pre-menstrual syndrome and the abdominal pain can be secondary to cervicitis/vaginosis. Continue to take the antibiotics as prescribed and follow up with your doctor if your symptoms don't resolve. Best of luck.

In brief: A

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Eric Weisman