My family has been infected with scabies for over three months now. I feel like weve gotten advice coming from all different directions. Some people and doctors have said its hardly contaigous, only a threat to the people you live with. Others have said i

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: To

To properly diagnose scabies, a dermatologist will look for a burrow in the skin, scrape the skin and examine under a microscrope.
If a mite is found, treatment is given in conjunction with washing all clothing, linens, etc. Used in the past 48 hours. If you and your household was treated but still itching, i would revisit the doctor to make sure that you truly have scabies. I hope that helps!

In brief: To

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward