How can I tell the difference between an external hemorrhoid and an abnormal colon growth? I am a male in my mid-twenties and for a while, i've thought myself to have a mild hemorrhoid issue. Symptoms include some rectal itching, a slight bulge in anal ti

Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: See a

Gi or colorectal surgeon do not mess around with self diagnosis.

In brief: See a

Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: There

There are ways, but it really needs to be determined by a trained doctor for a couple of reasons.
.. Not the least of which you can't really see in there that well your self. A lot of patients see me with complaints like yours, and although most have nothing more than a pesky hemorrhoid that can be treated easily with topical medicine, some have other things going on that need more attention. I'd recommend you get seen, if not for anything else than your own piece of mind. Issues like this are usually taken care of by your primary care doctor.

In brief: There

Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery