My son has a throat infection and doesn't want to eat what should I do? He hasnt ate in 2 days

Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: Please

Please have him see his physician.
He might be having strep throat. This can be tested quickly in the office and if positive, he can be treated. It is not uncommon for children with strep throat to simply stop eating. Of course tylenol (acetaminophen) is helpful for pain. Best wishes.

In brief: Please

Please have him see his physician.
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: I

I agree that a strep test is necessary.
But in the meantime, don't worry about eating. Children who don't feel well don't eat well. No big deal, because when they feel better they make up for it. What is important is that he continues to drink. Children, especially those with fevers, will dehydrate quickly, so fluid intake is essential.

In brief: I

I agree that a strep test is necessary.
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Cindy Juster