What kind of eye infection do I have? The eye is really red and very watery. I see something that looks like mucus.

Dr. Brad Feldman
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: You

You should see a medical doctor to have this examined, especially if it persists.
There are many different diseases that cause red, watery eyes. Often this is infectious and it can be quite contagious, so be very careful about not rubbing your eyes, nose or mouth. It may be best to stay away from other people and out of work until this resolves, but let your medical doctor advise you after they've examined your eyes. If you wear contact lenses do not put them back into your eyes.

In brief: You

Dr. Brad Feldman
Dr. Brad Feldman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: It

It is probably viral, but you need to see an ophthalmologist to see if treatment is needed.

In brief: It

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman