Can you child get kicked out of school for being depressed?

Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology
In brief: I hope not
Depression is rather common, and if it were a cause for exclusion from school, i suspect we would have a lot more children looking for vaction days by complaining they are not in the mood.
More seriously, children are entitled to a free and appropriate education and this would be a violation of the ada. Now if the child is irritbable threatens/hurts other children, it is another thing.

In brief: I hope not
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: No
But your child can get kicked out for behaving badly, acting out in violent or unacceptable ways, or failing classes because he/she is depressed.
A child who is depressed but sits quietly and doesn't get in trouble is not going to get kicked out; but that child needs help just as much as the child who is getting in fights.

In brief: No
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Cindy Juster