What are the difference bewtween the mcmi-iii and the mmpi psychological tests? Can you tell me what is the difference between the mcmi-iii and the mmpi test and which one is the best one for a psychological evaluation for custody? I heard they don't use

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: The

The mcmi-iii is the millon clinical multiaxial inventory (3rd edition).
This test helps assess psychological problems such as anxiety, depression, personality disorders and psychosis. Since it was developed for hospitalized mental patients, psychologists need to be very familiar with this test and careful about how to interpret the scores on the regular population. The mmpi is the minnesota multiphasic personality inventory. This test also assesses psychological and personality disorders like the one above, but has been developed for and is more commonly used in the general population. This is the third most-used test in the field of psychology behind iq and achievement tests.

In brief: The

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Vicken Poochikian