1 ovary and fallopian tube. What are my chances of concieving? I'm 27 and have only 1 ovary and fallopian tube. They are on the same side. I got pregnant 4 years ago and miscarried. I had to have a dnc. Now I can't seem to get pregnant anymore. I'm worrie

When . When you only have one ovary and it is working properly, you should release an egg each month from that ovary. If the fallopian tube is also working properly and is on the same side, the chance that you will get pregnant and have a baby is approximately 20% per month. At your age, if 12 months go by where you could have gotten pregnant but didn't, you meet the diagnosis of infertility. This means that you should have gotten pregnant by now and you need an evaluation to see what is going on. Your chances of getting pregnant when you are diagnosed with infertility depend on the results of your evaluation. If everything comes back normal in your evaluation, then you would have a 15 to 20% chance of getting pregnant each month from simple treatments where you take low doses of infertility medications and have an insemination. If you did in-vitro fertilization, at your age you would have over a 50% chance of gettig pregnant.
I . I agree with dr moffit. I would like to some other thoughts. I think that the reason for having a single tube and ovary could provide us with some insight into the likelihood of internal scar tissue or other factors that could be a problem. Since you had a pregnancy even though it was a miscarriage, you probably have a reasonably normal tube and ovary. When you lost your ovary, you lost 50% of the eggs in your body at that time. We know that there is a relationship between the number of eggs in your body and your fertility potential. So, women with a single ovary are likely to enter menopause earlier than usual and thus also lose their fertility potential earlier. There are not too many studies that quantitate this fact but one study (melica f et al.; 1995) showed that when the ovary was removed before the age of 30 then menopause occurred on average at age 45 versus age 50. Other studies show that women with a single ovary have reduced fertility earlier. The good news is that you are only 27 years old and therefore you likely have good fertility remaining now and some time. But my message to you would be to not wait too long to get care. Your problem is one that would benefit from a consultation with a fertility specialist. I would do that sooner for the reasons that i stated but your age gives me great hope for your success. Good luck.