What could be wrong? I am a 18 year old female who has been experiencing some pain in my abdomen lately but has begun to decrease in pain. The pain alternates between the right side of my belly button and below my belly button and is a sharp pain. It only

It. It is very unlikely that you are pregnant since it has been 4 weeks, you have had a period in that time, and you used protection. Pain in this area is very tricky since there are many organ systems in the epigastric area and right upper quadrant of the abdomen. - stomach - problems such as gastroesophageal reflux, gastritis, and stomach ulcers can cause pain in these areas - usually worse with eating and worse while laying down - pancreas - pancreatitis, pancreatic stones/blockages can cause epigastric pain, sometimes radiating to the back - liver/gallbladder - hepatitis, gall stones or gall bladder disease can cause pain in the right upper quadrant - intestinal - duodenal ulcers, infections and constipation can cause pain there because the colon loops up into that area - kidney - kidney stones or infections can cause pain in the right upper quadrant, though many people feel it in their backs. - gyne - ovarian pain from a cyst or even an infection from a sexually transmitted disease can cause pain in the right upper quadrant. And all those are just a few of the things that could be going on! So, your best option is to be seen by a doctor and examined to determine the cause of your pain. Reasons to go to the er are: - high fever - bloody stool - bright green or bloody vomit - severe or worsening pain - difficulty breathing.