I don't get my period everymonth n I've had unprotected sex? My period comes everyother month n last time. I had it was on halloween but the night before I had sex. N unprotected n few hrs later got my period. So I've been having unprotected sex n y

Having . Having an irregular period can make it very difficult to know when you are most fertile and if you are pregnant. As doctors, the first thing we do when we hear a woman is having a light or missed period or abnormal spotting, we check a pregnancy test. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. Of course the timing of all of this is difficult if your cycle is irregular. You may want to take another pregnancy test just to be sure. In the meantime, if you do not want to become pregnant, then you should use birth control. You can either use condoms or call your doctor to discuss other options such as the pill, the depo shot, or an iud. There are other reasons besides pregnancy that can cause a woman to miss a period such as: stress, diet, excessive exercise or a hormone imbalance such as with a thyroid disorder or poly cystic ovarian syndrome. If you continue to not have your period or if they continue to be irregular, you should contact your doctor.