I think I have cold sores under my lash line of my left eye. Should i be concerned? Can it go into my eye? Had 2 small cold sores a few days ago on upper lip, they are healing now. Whole left cheek is sore.

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: See physician

I would see your physician this may be shingles.

In brief: See physician

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Cold

Cold sores are caused by the herpes virus and there is a chance of the virus infecting your eye, also.
Even though many herpes eye infections clear up without problems, some may go on the cause corneal scarring and damage to your vision. Because if this, it is important that you see a doctor as soon as you can for a thorough eye exam. If they are concerned about infection, they may put you on anti-viral eye drops to help minimize the chance of complication and scarring. Good luck!

In brief: Cold

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen