Can gestational diabetes cause my child to have diabetes?

Yes. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that a baby exposed to high blood sugars in utero is at higher risk to develop type 2 diabetes in later childhood-adulthood. It's important for such children to have healthy lifestyles because becoming overweight or obese increases their risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
No. Your pregnancy associated diabetes can cause transient problems with your newborn but has no influence on their risk of childhood diabetes newborns may have low blood sugar in the hours right after birth. The baby may need IV sugar untill their own system figures it out. This is caused by baby making extra Insulin to handle what your body sends across. Good pregnancy control limits babies problems.
Yes. There have been some association that maternal gestational diabetes will increase the risk of developing diabetes later in life because the genetics and also the diabetic enviroment in which the baby developed.